We’ve Got Our List for the 2018 Season!
We will be Paddling and Racing at the Following Dragon Boat Regattas
- Welland Dragon Boat Festival: June 9th, 2018 – The Welland Dragon Boat Festival is organized by The Welland Heritage Council & Multicultural Centre, a non-profit organization. We’ve never participated in this one before! So excited to be a part of the competition and connect with some other amazing teams.
- Guelph Dragon Boat Challenge: August 11th, 2018 – This Guelph Regatta takes place at the Guelph Conservation. We raced in this challenge last year and had a blast! It is a great set-up with a small little beach to hang out on in between races. Like last year, it looks like this summer’s will feature a 200m Knockout format plus the ever-popular 2km championship race…woohoo!
- Barrie Dragon Boat Festival: August 25th, 2018 – Our home town! We cannot wait to bring our best to this one! Last year we walked away with silver; an exciting victory indeed, but we are aiming for Gold this year and we are working out butt’s off in training, preparing to paddle one heck of a race!
- GWN Sport Regatta: July 14th, 2018 – This exciting regatta takes place in downtown Toronto, and it is one that we look forward to every season. The competition is tough, the vibe is incredible, and it’s just a beautiful spot to be racing in with the boardwalk and bike trail along the water.
- GWN Dragon Boat Challenge: September 8th & 9th, 2018 – This 2 day challenge is sadly our end of season for racing. Held on the western beaches in downtown Toronto’s Marilyn Bell Park, this event has hosted several elite dragon boat races over the years including the Dragon Boat World Championships in 2008. Pretty amazing! The festival also supports and benefits the Canadian Cancer Society. A super fun weekend for a final intense match up!